Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oldie but Goodie

I took my love, I took it down.
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
and I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills,
till the landslide brought me down.
Oh, mirror in the sky, What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Well, I've been afraid of changing
cause I've built my life around you.
But time makes you bolder,
Children get older and I'm getting older too.
So, take this love, take it down
If you climb a mountain and you turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down.
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring it down.

gotta love stevie.

2 comments:

matt said...

love that song! It used to be on the muzak station in a steakhouse where I waited tables. Even on the busiest of nights, hearing that song would put me in a better mood.

and remember . . . whu whu whu

Holly said...

You calling this song an "oldie" makes me feel really old... because I don't think of it as one. Definitely a "goodie" though. I was reading the lyrics, and clearly hearing her voice in my head, and thought "you really gotta love Stevie" and then saw that you had written the same thing to conclude your post. You gotta love CC!